copy the whole paragraph and put it on grammerly
The question that a reader should ask to identify an author's purpose is <em>"Why did the author write this text?" </em>
There are various reasons why a text is written and it becomes evident in the type of language and words used by the author; Usually, it is written for the following purposes:
- Persuasion: The author intends to convince the reader on a certain statement.
- Information: An informative text is used as a source of knowledge about a topic.
- Explanation: Function as a tutorial which a reader can follow to reach an objective.
- Entertainment: Created for the amusement of the reader
- Description: In a descriptive text the author uses adjectives, forming a picture of the situation increasing the understanding and connection of the reader with the story or text.
He hopes that the president will take immediate action to curb segregation laws at the federal level.
Jackie Robinson was popularly known to be activist who always stands for the right of the American people, he was an advocate of the Civil Right Movement of America. He was always known to be quite vocal with his concern over segregation laws at the time. Jackie Robinson did not only write to President Eisenhower over segregation but also raised the issue with their United States president at the time including John F. Kennedy, Richard Nixon, among others. His letter to President Eisenhower is geared towards the hope that the president will take immediate action to curb segregation laws.
in vain means without success
He makes them realize that being heard, following your dreams and listening to your heart is always best then following the crowd and having your life planed out for you <span />