clink new is faulty parallelism
1. I couldn't get to work until I tidied my desk.
2. Jennifer always remembers her mother's birthday.
3. The winning care in the race was driven by an Italian.
4. The postman arrived while we were eating breakfast.
5. I was still checking my test when the examiner told me to stop.
6. Allan was very tired that night because he studied hard all day.
7. The boys would play football after school.
8. This is the house where I used to live when I was a boy.
The second one, "Instead of focusing on driving cars, people should focus on building mass-transit systems."